Device IP address as a Variable

Topics related to the iOS and/or Apple Watch app.
to_me

Device IP address as a Variable

Post by to_me » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:10 am

Hi Dave,

I have a configuration with 3 Tivo boxes that I am IP controlling. I have created 1 Tivo Device with it's IP address as a globsal variable %tivo_ip%. Then I have buttons that have a script to change the ip address variable.

The plan is to have a single page with Tivo buttons and simply switch IP addresses to control the other Tivo boxes, however, the issue I am getting is that the first time I set the IP address, the commands seem to bind to that IP address and I can't then get them to switch if I select a different box,they always stay stuck to the first IP address I bound them to. Is this right? Or am I missing a command to "refresh" the buttons to connect to the new IP address?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Dave
Site Admin

Re: Device IP address as a Variable

Post by Dave » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:19 am

Hi Tom. Try using the following in the feedback or post script of your buttons:

return '[!]';

This forces TC to terminate the connection to the device after sending the command, so the next command will set up a new connection to whatever the current IP address is set to. You can either use this on all of your buttons (so a new connection will be needed each time you tap a button), or you can incorporate it into a "switcher" button that changes the IP address as well as disconnects from the previous device. Search for "[!]" in the instructions for more info on this.

Hope that helps.

to_me

Re: Device IP address as a Variable

Post by to_me » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks Dave. That fixes the issue. I couldn't find it in the manual prior to your message, so that certainly helped.

Cheers,

Tom