GC iTach Serial Feedback Questions

Topics related to the TouchControl Server software.
jonz

GC iTach Serial Feedback Questions

Post by jonz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:47 pm

Hello,

I have a GC button and a Feedback Client button that share the same GC host device. When I start the activity the Feedback Client button appends lines of feedback to a text field. This continues until I touch the GC button, and then it stops. If I exit the activity and reenter, the Feedback Client begins processing feedback again until I execute the GC button again.

Why does the Feedback Client stop processing feedback when the GC button is touched? Is there anyway to continue processing feedback in the Feedback Client after the GC button executes?

Thanks,

Dave
Site Admin

Re: GC iTach Serial Feedback Questions

Post by Dave » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:04 pm

You are correct the feedback client should continue to process feedback. That sounds like it could be a defect. Let me do some testing and I'll let you know the results. Thanks for sending.

jonz

Post by jonz » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks Dave. I appreciate the help. Keep in mind that I am new to TouchControl programming so I may have done something wrong. I am having a good experience with other TouchControl features. So far I love the app but I would like to get the feedback client working correctly so the buttons in my remote will update in real-time.

Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:08 am

Can you tell me if your GC button (not the feedback client button, but the other one that causes the client button to stop receiving feedback) is configured for feedback?

Also, what GC host device are you using?

jonz

Post by jonz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:40 am

Yes, the GC button is configured for feedback. But I did disable that to see if it made any difference. Even with feedback disabled on the GC button the feedback client stops receiving data after the GC button executes.

The GC device is an iTach IP2SL.

Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:32 am

I have not yet been able to reproduce this problem. Can you send screen shots of both button config screens to support@touchapptech.com?

jonz

Post by jonz » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:57 pm

I sent the screen shots to the email address you provided. Thanks for looking into this! I have everything else working in my remote control. It was so easy and fun with TouchControl. It will be fantastic if I can get the feedback client working so my controls are updated in my remote when changes are made from the wall-mounted keypads.