Global Cache WF2IR

Topics related to the TouchControl Server software.
tonyb

Global Cache WF2IR

Post by tonyb » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 pm

The commands I send to my WF2IR are output on the device output port #1. I need to output on port #3 which powers a blaster. How is this done? (Trying to transfer from iRule, where this is specified in the iOS device settings)

Dave
Site Admin

Re: Global Cache WF2IR

Post by Dave » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:30 am

Each Global Caché button defines its own module & connector addresses. Open the button config for the GC button, click the "Edit" button at the top, and change the connector to 3. 1 is the default. Hope that helps.

Dave

tonyb

Re: Global Cache WF2IR

Post by tonyb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Thank you, I did discover that as I explored TouchControl. I have now converted my fairly simple iRule system to TC. (10 activities, 7 devices (one, "Button Bucket" I added to hold non-hardware-specific buttons)) using a quick-and-dirty approach - copy the iPad screens, use that as a background and overlay transparent buttons over the iRule buttons. This allows me to evaluate TC without a great deal of effort. (And given the lack of buttons available is a way to tap into the vast iRule libraries of buttons). Converted drawers to popovers. Not as many available gestures as in iRule. Getting some timeout errors if hitting buttons (eg "cursor up") repeatedly. But so far it looks good.