The type initializer for 'UsbUirt.Controller' threw an exception.

Topics related to the TouchControl Server software.
Tom Cunningham

Post by Tom Cunningham » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi, Dave! I was trying to test a button on the server and got the following alert:

I am running Windows version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 on a Dell XPS15 laptop, TouchControl Server version 9.3.5, and USB-UIRT driver version 2.06.01. I'm guessing this is due to some incompatibility with Windows 10, probably the USB-UIRT driver since the support page only mentions up Windows 8. I found http://usbuirt.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... 606#p10550, which gives instructions for updating the driver. Have you seen this error before?

Dave
Site Admin

Re: The type initializer for 'UsbUirt.Controller' threw an exception.

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi Tom. I have been using the USB-UIRT with TC for quite some time on a couple different Win 10 Pro PCs with USB-UIRT driver 2.06.01. Does the "USB-UIRT Device" entry show up properly in Device Manager on your laptop under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section?

Dave
Site Admin

Re: The type initializer for 'UsbUirt.Controller' threw an exception.

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:49 pm

I believe this could also be caused by a permissions problem. Make sure the Windows user you are running TouchControl Server under has full permissions on the Program Files (x86)/Touch App Technologies/TouchControl Server directory. You could also try right-clicking on TouchControl.exe in that directory and select "Run as administrator" and see if that helps. That's not a solution, but will tell us if there is some permissions issue causing the error.