Girder events/control from TouchControl needs updating

Topics related to the iOS and/or Apple Watch app.
Dec

Girder events/control from TouchControl needs updating

Post by Dec » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Looks like the method on your site to create events in Girder may be for Girder 5?

It seems to throw errors in the current version, Girder 6.

You can create events in Girder 6 that are super fast to send directly from your app.

https://www.promixis.com/forums/showthr ... on-Android

You need to run Girders webserver first.

The command I have to send from TouchControl is: (I run Girders webserver on port 8088)

http://192.168.1.19:8088/gir/triggerEve ... ello&ed=18

Any idea how I can send the data from a slider into Girder with this?

Any idea how to get feedback data from Girder into TouchControl?

Thanks!
Declan Slater.

Dave
Site Admin

Re: Girder events/control from TouchControl needs updating

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks! I'll take a look at the outdated Girder info. It's been a LONG time since I've looked at any of that stuff. And to be honest, a TouchControl user provided that info to me after they got it all set up originally, so it might take me a while to figure it all out again.

As far as sending an HTTP request from a slider, that is definitely doable. Quick question, is the 18 on the end of the URL the current slider value? I.e. will that number change as you move the slider? And regarding feedback, is the feedback provided in the response to the HTTP request, or in some other fashion? Once I know those things, I can post what you will need to do.

Dave
Site Admin

Re: Girder events/control from TouchControl needs updating

Post by Dave » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:19 am

Hi Declan. Just checking to see if you had answers to the couple of questions I had so that I can finish answering your original questions...