activity link

Topics related to the iOS and/or Apple Watch app.
Dieter

activity link

Post by Dieter » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:53 am

Hallo,

I just have some trouble with an activity link button. When activating the option "Popover(ipad only) the app is closed as soon as I press the button.
Also using the option "custom" causes the app to close when pressing the button. Please have a look at the functionality.

regards
Dieter

Dave
Site Admin

Re: activity link

Post by Dave » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:27 am

Hi Dieter. Sorry yes there is a known issue with popovers that will be fixed in the next version. However, I don't know of a problem with custom links. Can you tell me how you have that custom link configured, or post a screen shot of your link button config page? Thanks.

Dieter

Post by Dieter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Dave,

thank you for the information about the issue. I will wait for the next update.

When selecting the "custom" option and changing the slider value for "duration" the next time you try to open the 'set data' properties an error is shown. The error message is in german but I will try to translate:
"the value 90 for "VALUE" is invalid! "VALUE" should be between Minimum and Maximun. Parameter name = VALUE

regards
Dieter

Dieter

Post by Dieter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Dave,

thank you for the information about the issue. I will wait for the next update.

When selecting the "custom" option and changing the slider value for "duration" the next time you try to open the 'set data' properties an error is shown. The error message is in german but I will try to translate:
"the value 90 for "VALUE" is invalid! "VALUE" should be between Minimum and Maximun. Parameter name = VALUE

regards
Dieter

Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:46 pm

Just to clarify, in your original post you said:
Also using the option "custom" causes the app to close when pressing the button
, which sounds like it is causing the TouchControl client app on your device to close, however, the error you show in your last post looks like an error from TouchControl Server. Are you saying that the error causes the server to close?

Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Also is it possible that your system's number formatting uses 1,90 rather than 1.90? Thinking I'm possibly not handling localized number formatting correctly there...

Dieter

Post by Dieter » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi Dave,
sorry it was my fault. The "custom" option do not stop the server application. It only results in the error message I wrote in my post.

Meanwhile I had a little trouble with my laptop (->virus !!) and I guess I have to reinstall my Windows.
So I would like to ask if the TouchControl server would be run under a Linux OS (using Wine or VirtualBox). Do you have any experiences in this direction?

regards
Dieter

Dave
Site Admin

Post by Dave » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:49 pm

I'm sorry I don't know if TouchControl Server will run under either Wine or VirtualBox. If I were to guess, I would say that it would have a better chance of running under VirtualBox, because it looks like that runs and actual copy of Windows, where Wine simply converts API calls to Posix on the fly, which I would think would likely result in some problems at some point, but again I really don't know. If you do try this and are able to get it working, it would be great if you could report back here to let us know!